(PRESS RELEASE) -- PokerStars.com player 'DrUPSWING' lived up to his name in the early hours of Monday morning, by winning the Sunday Million 8th Anniversary tournament for more than $1 million, as German players dominated at the final table.
There were six-figure paydays for all the final table players, but the lion’s share of the cash was reserved for players from Germany, as a trio of players from the country finished first, second and eighth for more than $2 million in combined cashes.
With no deal done until heads-up, the first and second payouts were huge, with ‘DrUPSWING’, who had been the massive chip leader throughout the final table, eventually able to take the title when his trip twos held against ‘hdjgkfkgsdl’s flush draw.
Here is the final table result:
1. DrUPSWING (Germany) – $1,038,540.31*
2. hdjgkfkgsdl (Germany) – $877,090.19*
3. cynfarAA (Netherlands) – $554,373.40
4. MRJ1111 (Estonia) – $374,458.26
5. Kukoc69 (Croatia) – $283,522.39
6. temp0r2k (UK) – $221,749.36
7. pinkfinger (Switzerland) – $172,647.71
8. Uninc157 (Germany) – $137,242.35
9. pads1161 (UK) – $110,874.68
> Latest Headlines
The stories that are the news.
> Daily News
In depth coverage of the news that
affects the gaming enthusiast.
> Featured Articles
Articles by RGT's featured writers.
> Vegas News
Tales from Sin City.
> Investor News
Press releases and Investor info.
> Casino City's Online Poker Directory
The web's most comprehensive online
> Advanced Search
Check our archives for past articles.